ball always opening his mouth

Go down

default ball always opening his mouth

Post by jobo on February 8th 2010, 9:25 pm

i just got a ball from a guy he looks good but holds his head high alot and allways opens his mouth as if yawning about once every 2 minutes when you handle him still does it when he is in cage but not as often,i have checked his mouth and nostrils and seems fine no redness or anything just wandering if anybody has any ideas. or should just take him on to vet
jobo

Back to top Go down

default Re: ball always opening his mouth

Post by jobo on February 8th 2010, 9:39 pm

dont know if it matters but hes about 3 ft and the boy he hadnt fed him in two and a half weeks so i have tried to feed him also and he has know intrest in eating
jobo

Back to top Go down

Post by shane z on February 8th 2010, 11:29 pm

Not sure about the "yawning" thing. I have always been told that it is normal, but then mine only did it every now and then. As for not eating you may want to try offering it something else.

shane z

Back to top Go down

Post by jobo on February 9th 2010, 12:02 am

HE JUST SEEMS TO DO IT ALOT I HAVE 4 OTHERS AND THEY YAWN EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT NOT LIKE THIS JUST SEEMS LIKE ALOT
jobo

Back to top Go down

Post by A&R Pythons on February 9th 2010, 9:12 am

it could be a respiratory infection. they tend the hold their head high to try and drain the fluid. the yawning could also be a symptom. try holding him with his head end down for a few seconds and then check his mouth for a clear snot like substance. also listen to him breathing if you hear any pops, cracks or wheezing then you most likely have an RI. the best thing to do in that case is to remove him from the rest of your collection, sterilize everything in every cage especially water bowls. then get him to a vet there is a good one in Lexington I can think of the name right now but I think its something with creek in the title. also check your temps/ humidity levels to try and figure out why he developed the RI in the first place.
A&R Pythons

http://www.arpythons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jobo on February 9th 2010, 10:23 pm

thanks for yhe info he has bein by himself in a totaly seperate cage he has started coughing tonight with some mucous am taking him to a vet tomorrow as soon as they open i think it is RI but again thanks oh yea i have only had him 2 days he was like this when i got him
jobo

Back to top Go down

Post by A&R Pythons on February 10th 2010, 7:12 pm

keep us posted on how he is doing.
A&R Pythons

http://www.arpythons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jobo on February 12th 2010, 10:48 pm

took him to the vet it was RI doing better now after a couple of shots (antibiotics) i have to give him a shot every 3 days but he is doing much better,thanks everyone for your help
jobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum